Co-curricular activities enhance and build on children’s experiences and learning within the school. The activities will contribute to their intellectual, social, cultural and emotional growth. They will cater to a wide variety of needs and cultures within the school community and will be used to forge links with the wider community. Our expectation is that all students become involved in some form of regular activity outside of school hours for their general health and well-being. Staff offer co-curricular activities, unpaid, in the areas of their passion and expertise.
All efforts are made to keep costs to an absolute minimum, 然而, we do ask for a small fee to cover basic costs such as (but not limited to) materials specific to the activity, 消耗品和设备的磨损.
In addition, student-run CCAs will be offered alongside those taken by staff. Student-run CCAs are taken by secondary students, 通常以初级为目标, and must be approved by the 学生会 and had a teacher mentor to provide guidance. They will be advertised and costed in the same way as those CCAs taken by staff. If items are needed over and above the basic fee, this will be stipulated on the enrollment form. 费用- $200/活动/学期(不退还)
Please note: no make-up lessons are offered due to sickness, 恶劣天气, 停课或停课.
请注意: In order to allow as many students as possible to participate in a CCA, activities will be registered on a first come/first served basis, 然而, 哪些活动超额订阅, students who are not enrolled in any other activity will be given priority over students who already have an assigned CCA. If you choose to sign your child up for more than one CCA, preferences will NOT be accounted for. It will be presumed that your child is happy to do any of the CCAs. Registering for a CCA does not mean you/your child has been accepted (when the system shows ‘Registered’ or ‘Accepted’ beside the activity name, it does not necessarily mean your child has been enrolled). Students who are accepted and enrolled in a CCA will receive an acceptance confirmation letter. For more information about CCAs, please refer to page 21 of the 家长手册. 通过网关注册CCA
- Students may choose in which terms and in which activities they enrol.
- Students may choose the same activity or change activities at the start of a term.
- New activities may be added from term to term.
- Activities that involve sporting competitions may require a commitment to practice sessions and competition fixtures, 包括制服/差旅费.
- Students commit themselves to their choices at the start of the school year/term.
At the beginning of the year and at the end of term one, term two and term three a co-curricular activity list of all proposed activities for the next term is prepared and placed on the school website. 它包括:
- proposed term, day and duration, venue and cost of the activity
Students sign up and pay for term one activities by the end of week 1, term one. Subsequent term activities are signed up by the final week of the previous term. Note that those activities published are proposed activities only . The school reserves the right to change or cancel activities where it sees fit. Information regarding changes is published in 这位探险家 and on the school website.
1. All co-curricular online enrolments are on a “first come, first served” basis. 然而, 哪些活动超额订阅, students who are not enrolled in any other activity will be given priority over students who already have an assigned CCA. 没有候补名单.
2. As such, attendance once enrolled is compulsory. Students must notify the club leader if they are unable to attend an activity session.
3. Successful applications will be flagged on each students gateway activity enrolment log. Payment of $200 fee will be required upon acceptance.
4. Activities will only take place if there is sufficient numbers to run the activity. In the event a co-curricular activity is cancelled due to lack of numbers, 我们会在《大发手机登录官网》上发布通知.
5. The school reserves the right to refuse an application or exclude a participant if his/her presence has a negative effect on the activity.
6. 活动取消的情况, primary and secondary students will be contacted via their class teacher and automatically placed on school buses where appropriate.Primary students parents will be contacted to advise of activity cancellation.
7. In the event of cancellation of activities make up classes will not be arranged.
8. In the event of illness or injury, make up classes will not be arranged.
9. In the event that a coach/tutor is unable to take their activity due to an unforeseen circumstance, DC will attempt to make alternative arrangements.
10. Students who have to wait for activities to commence must wait in the library unless helping with other activities.
11. 在某些情况下, 加强学生学习, the coach/tutor may request that parents are not present during classes. The coach/tutors discretion is final in such matters.
12. Students are not permitted to enter any of the co-curricular activity areas unless their tutor is present.